Do you have a passion for reading and artistic expression? Join Southern Oklahoma Library System (SOLS) this September in celebrating Library Card Sign-up Month with design your own bookmark contest. Pick up a bookmark contest sheet at your local SOLS branch! This year our theme will be “Journey through Literature”! Draw your favorite scene or character of any book and submit your entry to Library staff by Saturday, September 30th.
Designs will be judged by Library staff based on the following criteria; adherence to theme, originality, artistic skill and technique, and overall appeal. All ages are welcome to participate in one of our five categories; Children ages 3-6 and 7-9, Preteens 10-13, Teens 14-18, and Adults 19 and up. Winners from each age group will be announced on Friday, October 6th. Winning bookmarks will be printed and shared throughout all eight branches! We can’t wait to see your creative designs and share them with our community.
Guidelines for entry are as follows:
- Theme: Design a bookmark that reflects the theme “Journey through Literature”.
- Size: Bookmarks must fit on the contest sheet’s bookmark outline.
- Medium: All entries must be drawn on the entry sheet provided but any traditional medium is acceptable.
- Contact Information: On the sheet, the participant’s name, age, category, and contact information must be clearly stated.
- Originality: Designs must be original and not infringe on any copyright or trademark.
- Submission: Submit to Library staff by the Saturday, September 30th deadline.
For more information or to apply for a library card, please call (580) 223-3164 or visit one of our branches in Ardmore, Atoka, Davis, Healdton, Marietta, Sulphur, Tishomingo, and Wilson.